Monday, April 6, 2015

Mad Mondays: Speeding Tickets and Pure Randomness


Okay, I have had a few beers, and I probably shouldn't be writing a blog post right now but did anyone watch the Wisconsin/Duke game tonight? Well, I did and I have to say, even though I am mad (actually mildly upset) that Wisconsin didn't win (since I am and will always be a Big Ten fan), I have to say that it was an amazingly well matched game. Well played Duke, well played.

In other news, I'm mad about the following:

We are in the process of taking a road trip to Gonzaga (it's a Catholic university in Spokane, WA for those of you who don't know - although, if you followed college basketball you would know who they are). I kept telling my husband to slow the *beep* down. He was driving like his ass was on fire as we drove from San Diego to Lake Tahoe. Well... yep, a cop, pulled us over. Now, I have often thought of ways to get out of tickets. What to say, what to do, how much cleavage to allow in order to deter the cop from writing the ticket but, when you actually come face to face with those boys (yes, they all seem so young these days - probably because I am getting old), I am just at a loss for what to do. So, of course, the cop, out of the kindness of his heart, on Easter Sunday, gave my hubster a nice little ticket. My son said I should have showed the cop "some boob". I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.

So, I was in a foul mood, entering into Lake Tahoe, ready to spar with whoever was ready to mess with me, but, to my dismay, everyone here in Lake Tahoe is incredibly nice. When we checked into our hotel after 9p.m., they decided to upgrade us to a two bedroom suite (check out the Stardust Lodge, it rocks! #stardustlodgelaketahoe). Then, today, everywhere we went, people were smiling and like, "can I help you?", "have a great time!" and gave us great advice on where to eat, etc. I have traveled around the globe and I have to say, I don't think I have ever been to a place where people are so incredibly nice - genuinely nice. When you enter an establishment less than 30 minutes before they close, usually they roll their eyes and think "oh great, another customer and I just want to get the hell out of here," but, when we entered this pizza place called Blue Dog Pizza (one of the only places open when we were ready for dinner), they welcomed us in and acted as though they were happy to have us. What are these people smoking here in Lake Tahoe?! How can everyone be so stinking happy? Well, I'm grateful. I am gratefully grateful. I think Lake Tahoe may have Disney beat as the happiest place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment