Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Kid Shaming - I've Stooped



Caution, the photos contained in this blog may be disturbing for some viewers - okay, at least to me! Today, as I made the hike upstairs to retrieve my ten-year-old's laundry, I entered into The Twilight Zone: a time and a place no parent, male of female, would dare venture if given a choice. This dimension that's neither here nor there, exists because my daughter exists. It creates great anguish to those who have ventured in and are tripped, caught and grossed out by it's contents and inhabitants. Yes, this is what I am faced with on this fine Tuesday. Ewe, what is that sticky mess I just put my hand on? What is that smell? Could it be coming from the cup that's full of milk from when? How many stuffed animals does one kid really need? If I got rid of a few would she miss them? 

Am I alone here? While picking up the laundry, I felt like I was sifting through the remains of a house after a tornado, stepping on various items, sifting through papers and toys. I know, for a fact, half the clothes in that closet, taking up space on the floor, were never worn. This just exhausts me. I have spent more hours than I would like to count cleaning and organizing her room, and now it's just back to its former state. Last time I cleaned her room, I found an uneaten wrapped hot dog from a baseball game we went to two months earlier! I think I need to get my hazmat suit on and start all over again. This is going to be a long week. 

I hope this post makes you feel better about your own kid's bedrooms. My other two kids are next - they need to be shamed into cleaning their rooms as well. Out of three kids, couldn't at least one of them been a neat freak?  #cleanyourroom                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            



3 comments:

  1. #myroomisntthisbad #momthisblogisprettycool #gojesswhoneverturnsoffherlights

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is aweseome... #imsendingpicsofyourgirlfriendsroomtoyourmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messing up their own rooms isn't enough for my kids. They have to trash my guest room, too. #thinkingbig

    ReplyDelete